Inspiring teachers... changing livesClick here to read the 2010 Teacher Expedition blog
To create science and geography teachers as leaders in education through carrying out science projects in the harshest of conditions in the Polar Regions. This inspires their own teaching, that of their colleagues, and encourages their students to study science and geography; leading to the publication of teaching resources available free to all on this website.
Greenland 2020 July/August
Try this exciting opportunity to enhance your teaching career
- The Foundation is pleased to be able to resume their expedition programme for teachers in 2020 and is seeking applicants to participate in a journey to the remote areas of East Greenland in July /August 2020.
- Ideally you are a classroom teacher who is ambitious to develop your career through experiencing challenges while camping and trekking in a cold climate, and undertaking a project which will inspire your students and your school community.
- You are most likely to have a scientific background for your project and the Foundation will be able to assist candidates with introductions to polar scientists and advice.
- The expedition will be managed by highly experienced polar leaders.
- Applications should be made to Terra Nova Expedition Services http://terra-nova-expeditions.com Tel: 01773-883300.
- The cost for each participant will be circa £4000 which will include two training week-ends in the UK.
- The Foundation will award a £500 bursary to two participants who are successful in a competitive selection process.
Latest Press Releases
Page last modified: 17th Nov 2018 - 15:36:21